Articulate Online allows you to import a CSV file of users to either add new users or update existing users.
When bulk updating user accounts, there are a few things you should be aware of:
- Email and passwords for existing users cannot be changed using the bulk update method.
- All other fields that were previously populated (First Name, Last Name, Phone, etc) will be updated with the data in the updated CSV file.
- If you leave a field blank in the CSV file that currently has data in Articulate Online, the existing data will be removed from the user's profile.
- Users will not be removed from existing groups.
To bulk update your users:
- Login to your account.
- Go to the People tab.
- Select Add users.
- Select import users from a file.
- Download the ao-import.csv file.
- Fill in the columns for the users you are trying to update.
- Save the updated CSV file, then locate it on your computer using the Browse button.
- Click the Add Users button.
You may find the following video tutorial helpful. It describes how to create new user accounts in Articulate Online with randomly generated passwords, and then it demonstrates how to bulk update those user accounts with relevant data (First Name, Last Name, Phone, etc.):