Docebo is a closed and protected network, meaning that only registered users can access the platform. So, as the Superadmin, you have the ability to decide between three user registration types when creating a new user, according to your needs:
- User must be created and registered by the administrator
- User can register via Free self-registration
- User can register via Moderated self-registration
The first option, users being created and registered by a Superadmin, is for those who need to directly manage the registration activities of their LMS. The second and the third options allow the user to register and perform in the network freely.
This manual focuses on users that are created and registered by the Superadmin.
How to Create a New User
In order to create a new user, login to your Docebo LMS as the Superadmin. Then, access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gears icon in the left sidebar. From the E-Learning section, select the Users subitem. On the main users page, press the New User button in the action bar at the top of the page.
In the pop up box, you will see two tabs: User Profile and Branches. Start in the first tab, User Profile. We recommend filling out all of the text boxes, but the required fields will be marked with an asterisk*.
Let’s take a look at few fields in this tab:
- Username. It should be unique, but easily identifiable for both you and your users.
- Email. While inserting the email address is not required, it is highly recommended, so you can send users Newsletters and other notifications via email.
- Password. You can set password options through advanced settings. Access the Admin Menu, then press the Advanced Settings item. On the Advanced Settings page, choose the Password Policy tab. Here you can set up a users Password Policy.
- Email Validation Status. You can set the email value as “verified” or “unverified” from the corresponding dropdown menu. If you are not sure about the users’ email status, simply leave the status unverified and flag the option underneath. Click here to learn more about this option.
- Force Change Option. This option forces the user to change the password assigned to his first access to the platform.
If the maximum number of failed attempts is reached, the user is blocked from accessing the system for one hour. Please note that there is not a way to manually reset the counter from the Admin side of the platform.
Docebo allows you to add user additional fields as well. For more information, please refer to the linked manual in this paragraph.
A single user or group of users can be assigned to a specific branch of the organization chart, either by selecting the destination folder and starting the subscription procedure, or by entering the data regarding positioning on the tree at a later point during the subscription process. You can assign an organization branch to the user by clicking on theBranches tab. Flag the destination folder, then press CONFIRM.
In order to complete the creation process, press Confirm at the bottom of the pop up box. Now, your user has been correctly created. You can manage each user via the menu icon in the user’s row in the list on the bottom half of the Users main page in your platform:
With this icon, you can view the user personal summary, edit the user profile, or delete the user.
Additional Actions for Users
Administrators can also import users via a cvs file, in order to create multiple users in one action.
You can also export a list of all of the users enrolled in the platform. Refer to this manual for further information.
For those using Docebo 6.8 or higher, your platform allows you to assign a specific deactivation date to each user, which helps you monitor your active users and your Docebo subscription plan. The users will be deactivated on the assigned day at midnight (LMS time zone).
Massive User Activation or Deactivation via CSV
You can also import or deactivate multiple users at the same time by simply importing a CSV file that includes the list of the usernames you want to deactivate or reactivate.