The Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) E-Learning standard uses the HTTP AICC Communication Protocol (HACP) to permit the exchange between course content and the LMS. The HACP method uses an HTML form to send information to the LMS, while the LMS sends information back to the course as a text string.
Docebo supports the AICC standard following these requirements:
- CMI001 – AICC/CMI Guidelines For Interoperability (Version 4.0)
- Communication Protocol: HACP (HTTP Communication Protocol)
- Level of Complexity Implemented: Level 1: Basic structure of course, location, description, implied order.
How to Upload an AICC Package into Docebo
Access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gears icon in the left sidebar. Then, in the E-Learning section, select the Courses item. To upload an AICC package in Docebo, select a previously created course from the list of courses on the Main Courses page. Make sure you are subscribed to the course as a Superadmin or Instructor.
Press the menu icon in the course’s row, then select Training Material from the dropdown menu.
Once you have opened the Training Materials page, select the Add Training Material button, then select AICC from the dropdown menu.
On the next page, select the Upload File button, then select a package from your computer. You can also set and modify the launch modality of the object. If you usually run this course on your computer, you can choose from any of the following settings:
- Inline opens the object inside the player
- Light box opens the object inside a Light box
- New window opens the object in a new window or new tab in your browser (depending on your browser settings)
- Full screen opens the object in full screen mode.
Please remember that:
- The AICC learning object has to be imported as a zip package
- The file size must not exceed 800MB
- The configuration files of the AICC package must be in the root of the ZIP file.
If you plan to also run this object with a tablet device or smartphone using Docebo’s Mobile App, you can also choose how users will view the material. Finally, move to the Additional Info tab to add a short description of the text, then select or upload a thumbnail.
When you’re finished, press Save Changes. If the file format is correct, the learning object will be uploaded as new course material, and a message will be displayed on the top left of the page.
You can also upload an AICC file into the Central Learning Object Repository (CLOR), and the object can be versioned. Please refer to the corresponding CLOR manual linked in this paragraph to learn more about this process.