Articulate Quizmaker '13 lets you specify the number of attempts learners will have to take a quiz. Let learners retake a quiz when they pass, when they fail, or both.
Managing the number of quiz attempts
If you're building a standalone quiz, just follow the steps below. If your quiz is part of an Articulate Presenter '13 course, click Edit in Quizmaker on the quiz placeholder slide in PowerPoint, then follow the steps below.
- In Quizmaker, switch to Question List View, and click Edit Result on the ribbon.
- When the result slide opens, make sure that Graded is selected in the Result Type drop-down on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Success layer in the lower right corner.
- Then mark the box to Allow user to retry quiz, and choose the number of Retries from the drop-down list. Or uncheck the box if you don't want learners to retake the quiz after they've already passed it.
- Select the Failure layer in the lower right corner.
- Then mark the box to Allow user to retry quiz, and choose the number of Retries from the drop-down list. Or uncheck the box if you don't want learners to retake the quiz.
That's it! If your quiz is part of a Presenter course, click Save and Return to Presenter on the ribbon.
To learn more about the Quizmaker result slide, see this tutorial.
Changing the button text
If you'd prefer to use different language for the Retry Quiz button, just select the button on the result slide and type the text you want. Or, an even better option is to change the text label in your quiz player. That way you can apply the modified player to new quizzes without having to make the same change again. Here's how:
- Go to the Home tab on the Quizmaker ribbon, and click Player.
- When the Player Properties window opens, click Text Labels on the ribbon.
- Scroll down to label 51 (RetryQuiz), and enter new text in the Custom Text column.
- To reuse this player in other quizzes, click Current Player on the ribbon, and choose Save as.
- Give your player a name, and click OK.
- Click OK again to close Player Properties.